Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Personal Time With the Lord

Subject: Personal Time With The Lord
Written by Lewis Turner

Over the years, I have been able to have some personal time with the Lord. I will admit that that while time has not always been consistent, my thoughts throughout the day to focus on the Lord and what He is doing. I want to share some of the items that are a part of my personal time with the Lord.

Personal time with the Lord
• Time to read God's Word
• Time to meditate on the Word of God
• During the time of meditation and reflection on God’s Word, the Holy Spirit speaks to my heart. Whe He does, personal time give me opportunity to take to listen & journal
• Time to sort issues
• Time to focus away from work or other cares
• Time for personal prayer and personal requests
• Time for praise and worship of God
• Time to care for my personal needs and also ask the Lord to help me be able to focus on the other person when I pray.

Also, seek the Lord's guidance for the challenges of the day.
When take personal time with the Lord, you may see only a few of the above elements of the above listing in a particular day, but that time alone with the Lord is still very important. The personal time with the Lord, will help you when you spend time in prayer with others.

There is a song, 'More time alone with thee Lord Jesus, More time alone with thee'. The more time we spend alone with the Lord, the more we will desire it.

©2011 Lewis Turner

No comments: